Aegis Corporation, as administrator of the Wisconsin County Mutual Insurance Corporation, held their 26th Annual Corporation Counsel/Defense Counsel Forum on Friday, September 7, 2018 in Stevens Point.
"This event is always an incredibly important one for our county family," said John Dirkse, executive vice president of Aegis Corporation. "Topics ranged from employment law accommodations to jail liability issues, and legal experts presented to over 100 attendees, including corporation counsel, defense counsel, and county official representatives."
Topics and speakers for the 2018 County Mutual Corporation Counsel/Defense Counsel Forum included:
- The Accommodation Dilemma: The Interplay of the ADA, FMLA and Worker’s Compensation Laws in Finding Effective and Reasonable Accommodations
Attorneys Kris Hanson and Dan Pedriana | Lindner & Marsack, S.C.
- Strategies in Conducting Effective Internal Harassment Investigations
Attorneys Oyvind Wistrom and Samantha Wood | Lindner & Marsack, S.C.
- Religious Accommodations in the Workplace
Attorneys Oyvind Wistrom and/or Kris Hanson | Lindner & Marsack, S.C.
- Ethics and the Movies (Counts as ethics credit)
Waukesha County Circuit Court Judge Michael Aprahamian
- Navigating the Open Records Law: Back to Basics and Legal Updates
Attorney Lori Lubinsky | Axley Brynelson, LLP
- Arbitration Clauses and Class Action Waiver Post Epic Systems
Attorney Aneet Kaur | Axley Brynelson, LLP
- U.S. Supreme Court Update on Key Fourth Amendment and Qualified Immunity Cases from 2017 - 2018 Term
Attorney Danielle Baudhuin | Axley Brynelson, LLP
- Jail Liability Issues
Attorney Michael Modl | Axley Brynelson, LLP
Dirkse concluded, "We are especially thankful for our co-sponsoring County Mutual defense firms, Lindner & Marsack and Axley Brynelson, for their participation in this year’s Forum."
It is anticipated the program will be approved for at least 6 CLE credits from the Supreme Court of Wisconsin Board of Bar Examiners.